Prof. K. Shankar is a tireless, selfless and one of the most illustrious volunteers of IEEE. He served the Bombay Section in various capacities, including as the Section Secretary as well as the Treasurer of TENCON1989.
The Section is proud to announce K. Shankar Meritorious Paper Awards (Initiated in 2021) for its members (the first author’s membership must be active at the time of publishing the paper and nomination).
The awards are given under Two Categories – namely for the
- Journal Papers and
- Conference Proceedings
Four awards are given under both of the above-mentioned categories, i.e.
- Doctoral and
- Professionals (Industry/Academia)
Basis for Judging
Originality, Technical content, Clarity of presentation, Impact and Relevance of the topic will be the basis for judging the papers/proceedings.
Eligibility for Nomination:
- The authors of publication should be student/professional members of IEEE at the time of publication as well as at the time of application.
- In case of papers being nominated, they should be published in a Journal during the Calendar year 2022.
- In case of proceedings being nominated, the corresponding Conference should have been held during the Calendar year 2022 and the Proceedings must have been published at the time of nomination.
- The decision of the Jury is final and binding on the nomination.
The last date for self-nomination for the awards is April 10, 2023. The awards will be declared by May 15, 2023.
Registration/Nomination link: awards.ieeebombay.org
Please refer to the K. Shankar Award Poster and Guidelines document on the IEEE Bombay Section’s webpage or contact Dr. Anjali Deshpande, Chair, Section Awards Committee, IEEE Bombay Section (email@example.com) for more details.
K Shankar Meritorious Paper Awards Awardees 2021
|Conference||Palak Maniar 96137089||–||Satish Belkhode 92438274||Dr. Gayatri Phade 92427365|
|Journal||–||–||Hemant Rathore 94475193||Dr. Pooja Singh 97542475|