Late Shri Hemant Sonawala was the founder of the Hinditron Group of Companies. He was a Senior Member and Past Chairperson of IEEE Bombay Section. He was the recipient of IEEE Millennium Medal and IEEE Silver Jubilee Medallion.
Hinditron Group in association with IEEE Bombay Section has instituted an annual scholarship of Rs. One Lakh in memory of Late Shri Hemant Sonawala. Hinditron Group of Companies will fund the scholarship for deserving undergraduate engineering girl students who need financial support.
- IEEE Student Member with active membership.
- An undergraduate girl student in her final yearengineering of any branch.
- Current CGPA of 7.0 or higher (or equivalent).
- Expected to take masters programme and/or considering a career in engineering.
- Currently enrolled as full-time student at an Indian university or college in IEEE Bombay Section jurisdiction that offers undergraduate courses in engineering.
- An Indian citizen or permanent resident and residing in the region of IEEE Bombay Section.
Relatives ofcurrent members of the IEEE Bombay Section Execom or the Scholarship Committee are not eligible to apply. The Execom or Scholarship Committee members are not permitted to nominate or endorse candidates for this Scholarship.
Basis for Judging:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) of the applicant
- Merit and past performance of the student
- Evidence of maintaining a cumulative CGPA of at least 7.0 (or equivalent)
- Extra-curricular/technical activities, IEEE activities, achievements and leadership
- Referral letters from at least two individuals who are qualified to evaluate the applicant’s academic accomplishments and technical proficiency as well as career intentions (e.g. professor, administrator, internship organization).
How to Apply?
Log on to the link: http://ieee-bombay.local/late-shri-hemant-sonawala-scholarship-form-2021/
Documents to be uploaded:
- Statement Of Purpose (SOP)
- Merit And Past Performance Certificate
- CGPA Certificate
- Extra-Curricular/Technical Activities Certificate
- Referral Letter 1
- Referral Letter 2
- Any Other Relevant Document
- Last date for receiving applications : 15-Oct-2021