Welcome to IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE), a dynamic and impactful initiative within the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). As an integral part of the Bombay Section, WIE comprises dedicated members and volunteers committed to advancing and supporting women engineers and scientists. Our mission resonates globally, inspiring girls to pursue academic interests in engineering and science, while fostering diversity and inclusivity in technical disciplines.
About IEEE: Embedded within the world’s largest technical professional organization, IEEE, WIE plays a pivotal role in promoting diversity and inclusivity in technical fields. IEEE, dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity, recognizes the significance of WIE in empowering women in the fields of engineering and science.
Mission & Vision: Our overarching goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines on a global scale. We envision a vibrant community within the Bombay Section, where both IEEE women and men leverage their diverse talents to innovate for the betterment of humanity.
IEEE WIE Strives To:
- Foster Community Growth: Assist in forming new IEEE WIE Affinity Groups within the Bombay Section and provide support for ongoing activities.
- Recognize Excellence: Acknowledge outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Empower Through Workshops: Organize workshops at major technical conferences, enhancing networking and promoting membership in IEEE WIE.
- Advocate for Leadership: Advocate for women in leadership roles within the IEEE governance structure and support career advancement in the profession.
- Promote Member Advancement: Encourage member grade advancement for women to the IEEE membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Support Educational Initiatives: Facilitate the development of programs and activities promoting the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs.
- Mentorship Programs: Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program, mentoring young women in junior high and high schools.
Join us in our commitment to fostering an inclusive environment and empowering women in engineering and science within the Bombay Section. Together, we strive to create a future where all talents are recognized and leveraged for the advancement of technology and humanity.
2023 Executive Committee:
Exploring AI Ethics
20th November 2023
Engage in our exclusive workshop delving into the critical intersection of artificial intelligence and ethics. Discover the pivotal considerations, challenges, and moral frameworks shaping the AI landscape. Whether you’re a professional, student, or enthusiast, this workshop invites you to actively participate in discussions, gain insights, and contribute to the conversation surrounding ethical AI. Join us in shaping a more ethically conscious AI future. Speaker(s): Dr. Marjan Alavi Bldg: Engineering Technology Building , McMaster university, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada,
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.