The Power & Energy Society (PES) “The scope of the Society embraces research, development, planning, design, construction, maintenance, installation and operation of equipment, structures, materials and power systems for the safe, sustainable, economic and reliable conversion, generation, transmission, distribution, storage and usage of electric energy, including its measurement and control.
More information on PES can be found here.
The Industry Applications Society (IAS) “The scope of the Industry Applications Society, as a transnational organization, is the advancement of the theory and practice of electrical and electronic engineering in the development, design, manufacture and application of electrical systems, apparatus, devices and controls to the processes and equipment of industry and commerce; the promotion of safe, reliable and economic installations; industry leadership in energy conservation and environmental, health, and safety issues; the creation of voluntary engineering standards and recommended practices; and the professional development of its membership.”
More information on IAS can be found here.
The Execom of the Joint PES/IAS Chapter of IEEE Bombay Section for the year 2021 is as follows:
1. Prof. SV Kulkarni, EE Dept, IIT Bombay – Chair
2. Prof. Trapti Jain, EE Dept, IIT Indore – Vice Chair
3. Mr. Bishnoi Bhanwar Lal, Schneider Electric India – Vice Chair
4. Prof. Arghya Mitra, VNIT Nagpur – Secretary
5. Dr. Girish Talapur, Hind Rectifiers Limited – Treasurer
Events conducted/ scheduled (http://ieee-bombay.local/events/):
4. One week online workshop on Basics of Mechatronics and TIA Portal: 19 – 23 April 2021
6. May 11 @7.00 pm: A talk on “Teaching the first course on Power Engineering to the Undergraduate Students: Opportunities and Challenges” by Prof. Sukumar Brahma, Dominion Energy Distinguished Professor of Power Engineering at Clemson University, USA.