Section Awards Committee 2022
Mr. Prabhakar R. Bapat was the Life Fellow Member of IEEE and IEEE Bombay Section Chair for 1990-1991 and has been associated with Bombay Section since formation in 1976. He has also been very active other professional associations and has been Chairman of The Institution of Engineers (India), Maharashtra State Centre for 1973-74 and President of Institution of Engineers (India) for 1989-90. He was also Magnetic Society of India for 1983-1889. He was also Chairman of CII-Western Region and the Bombay Management Association for 1986-87.
He was a director with GKW Industries Ltd and had been on Governing Council of VRCE (currently, VNIT), Nagpur as well as ERDA, Vadodara, SPIT, Mumbai to name a few. He has also been instrumental in creating Indian Standards as part of ETDC 15 Committee.
He passed away on 19th January 2019 and was very active and attended the Execom Meeting as late as November 2018 at the age of 80+.
To commemorate his contribution to the IEEE, IEEE Bombay section takes pride in announcing PR Bapat-Outstanding Volunteer Award which will be awarded to deserving IEEE Volunteer who has dedicated volunteered in various capacities to bring laurels to Bombay Section at global levels. The Award consists of a Plaque and a Cash Prize of Rs.10,000/-
The last date for self-nomination for the awards is 20 May, 2022. The awards will be declared by 30 June, 2022.
Eligibility: IEEE Members (Excluding Student Members) having at least five years of a dedicated contribution in the various sub-section or chapters to achieve the IEEE global objectives and have done a significant contribution in the past 3 years 2016-2018 for 2018, 2017-2019 for 2019 and 2019-2021 for 2021 respectively.
Please refer to the PR Bapat Award Poster and Guidelines document on the IEEE Bombay Section’s webpage or contact Dr. Anjali Deshpande, Chair Section Awards Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org/9819609788) for more details.
Registration/Nomination link: http://ieeeicawards.com/
Note: This year we are announcing Award for 2018 and 2019 along with 2021. There is no Award announced for 2020.
Dedicated: In 2019 as outstanding volunteer Award.
Description: To recognize capable volunteer whose contribution has earned the IEEE Bombay section a distinguished position across the globe.
Administration: Administered by IEEE Bombay Section Awards Committee.
Eligibility: IEEE Members (Excluding Student Members) having at least five years of a dedicated contribution in the various sub-section or chapters to achieve the IEEE global objectives and have done a significant contribution in the past 3 years to the section activities from the announcement of the year.
Prize: Rs. 10,000/- and a plaque.
- Nominee Solicitation: IEEE Bombay Section will call for Nomination from all the Eligible members in March-April and the last date of submission will be 20 May.
- Selection / Declaration: IEEE Bombay Section will declare the winner by 30th June
- Basis for Judging: Contribution in the IEEE activities in the past three years from the year of Award announcement
- Committee: The committee will have section chair, Award committee chair and one past chair.
- Presentation: Award will be presented at Section’s Major Event, preferably, during AGM.
- Frequency: Annually. If in any year no eligible candidate is suitable, no award will be given.
- Publicity: The award and recipients’ names will be posted on the IEEE Bombay Section website and social media like FB page/LinkedIn etc.