IEEE Bombay Section was formed on July 13, 1976 from the erstwhile India Section, with Mr. T.V. Balan as its first Chairperson. The initial territory of the Section included the states of Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat. Gujarat and Pune city (in Maharashtra) and Madhya Pradesh became separate Sections in 1990, 2010 and 2021 respectively. The states of Chhattisgarh and Goa as well as the union territory of Diu and Daman are currently part of the Bombay Section’s geography. Nagpur in Maharashtra is the sub-section under Bombay Section.
In view of the long history of the section the IEEE Bombay Section Executive Committee has decided to create a new Logo for the section after a detailed feedback from the members.
We are happy to announce the IEEE Bombay Section Logo Design Competition to be held as per the schedule given.
The guidelines for preparing the Logo design are as follows:
- Non-IEEE Members are also allowed to submit the entries
- Entries can be submitted by Students as well as Professionals
- The logo should incorporate a well-recognized monument within the section’s geography.
- The choice of logo should be such that it can be designed and reproduced easily even if it is scaled down to a very small size/resolution in actual use.
- The IEEE Color theme works with Blue and Black. Preferably these should be used in the logo.
- Blue Color is typically
- PROCESS COLOR: C100 M31 Y5 K20
- SPOT: Pantone 3015 C
- SCREEN: R0 G102 B161
- WEB: #006699
- Logos can be designed in Vertical as well as Horizontal Aspect Ratio with the same Monument so that depending upon the location it can be used.
- The most appropriate aspect ratio should be taken for the final logo.
- The logo should be designed with high resolution so that it can be reproduced without affecting the quality.
Terms and conditions
- All the copyrights of the designed Logo will automatically transferred to the Section at the time of submission of the entry irrespective of final selection.
- The participants must submit the files of the logo design in minimum Three formats such as .jpg, .png/.gif (with transparency) and original format of the application used for the creation such as .cdr or .psd etc.
- The IEEE Bombay Section Executive Committee will nominate a Panel of Juries to short list the Logos which will be suitably selected as the Winning Logo design.
- The Winner of the contest will be rewarded with a Certificate and a Cash Prize of Rs.7,000/-.
Registration begins: 1st September 2021
Registration ends: 30th September 2021
Final Logo Design submission: 15th October 2021
Declaration of the Winner: 1st January 2022
Register for the Logo Design Contest at the following link: