What you need?
- Support from your institute and department.
- A faculty mentor: who will supervise and sign off on the activities of the student branch
- Signatures of at least 12 potential members ready to pay the IEEE registration fees
- A separate bank account in the name of your student branch
- You need to be an IEEE member yourself
How to register?
- You are required to fill an online petition to form a new ‘IEEE Geographic Unit’. Fill up the online petition by clicking here. You need to login to your IEEE account to access the petition.
- For further questions and guidance, you can email to email@example.com.
- You can find out your region, council and section by following this link.
How to pay for the chapter membership using Group Challan?
- Complete the IEEE Group Challan Template Form (XLS, 29 KB).
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receiving the file, IEEE staff will create a Group Challan and email it back within three business days.
- Making your payment
- Print the group Challan that was returned to you.
- Make your payment at any Corporation Bank branch or at any other bank.
- The payment can also be made by online banking, from an individual bank account, through National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT). The IEEE account number needs to be added as the beneficiary account for the online NEFT payment. This number will be mentioned on the Challan.
- For any transaction exceeding INR 200000, please use the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) option.
- Payment confirmation will take place within three business days and the completion of the order process within ten business days.
- Please note that payments for IEEE Membership(s) or products using a Challan are non-refundable and must be paid in INR.
- The cutoff date for a yearly cycle is 10th August. Please make payment arrangement well before the cutoff date as we would not accept payment for the given renewal cycle beyond 10th August each year.