Date and time: Saturday, October 11, 2014 11am-1pm.
Contact person and phone: Prof. Anjali Deshpande, 09819609788
Venue: Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Wadala, Mumbai-400037
Speaker: Dr. Ganesh D. Bhokare, Apical Limited, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, UK
The session will deal with the following topics:
1. What is Digital Signal Processing and practical concerns: Tools, HW, SW and Design and Prototyping.
2. Fundamentals required in development of Signal Processing algorithms: a. Linear algebra, b. Signals & Systems – Transforms theory and DT system stability and properties – pros and cons, c. Statistical Signal Processing – Random Variable and Processes
3. SW and HW Tools – Design and Prototyping using MATLAB and C/C++
4. Advance topics / algorithms in Signal Processing – issues and concerns in implementations.
5. State of the art algorithms development in research and industries and their applications: a. Face detection and recognition, b. Motion Estimation, Detection and Tracking, c. Video Analytics, d. Object Detection and Recognition, e. Applications: Automobile, Video surveillance and Security Systems, Robotics etc.
Short Biography of the speaker:
Dr. Ganesh D. Bhokare did his B.E. from VJTI, Mumbai, and M.Tech and Ph.D. IIT Mumbai. Having 20 years of hands on experience in firmware and software architecture, design, research and development of algorithms for DSP Audio, Video
and Embedded Systems on Linux and Windows platforms for STB and Mobile applications in C/C++, JAVA.
Directions to reach Venue:
1. From Ghatkopar Side:
(a). Ghatkopar CST Freeway (SCLR): Exit at Wadala Truck Terminus, Go straight upto Barkat Ali and take right turn (Pls ask if Hawaldar is there) Usually they allow.
(b). Via Priyadarshini Chembur: On Eastern Express Highway, take a left turn after Priyadarshini, towards Anik Bus Depot, Go straight after crossing IMAX on left side, upto Barkat Ali and take right turn (Pls ask if Hawaldar is there) Usually they allow.
2. From CST side:
(c). From CST, by freeway: Take right turn ( Pls ask if Hawaldar is there) Usually they allow.
(d). From Sion Circle Otherwise, towards Antop Hill and after crossing Dosti Acres, take left turn (College is 0.2 km after turning)
(e). From Five gardens, come to Wadala Bridge, after crossing bridge immediate left turn, then right turn, again right turn and then left turn, you reach same point as Dosti Acres take left turn (College is 0.2 km after turning)