Precedence of this policy
Except as noted below, this policy takes precedence over and supersedes any other policy concerning the treatment of personal information that we may collect from your use of the Web sites and your interactions with IEEE offline.Exceptions.
Cookies and personal information
This policy covers the following personal information that IEEE collects through your use of the Web sites and in connection with offline interactions. Specifically, we may collect this information from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, and sales inquiries and transactions. IEEE also may use third-party sources, such as opt-in lists, as specified below.
- Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, and company/institution. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information.
- Transactional information, including information about the products and services you request, purchase, access, or download.
- User preferences, such as product requirements, areas of industry interest, and other information you select in your profile when registering for and using your IEEE Account, or as indicated by your use of the Web sites.
- Financial/credit card and payment information.
- Event and conference participation information.
- Usage statistics relating to your use of IEEE products and services.
Electronic communications protocols and cookies.