BOMBAY SIGHT PRATHAM (Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology)
Objectives of SIGHT
To promote the mission of IEEE regarding humanitarian technology activities, particularly:
- To bring together members/IEEE OUs working in or wishing to work in humanitarian fields and to encourage and promote them in activities that use humanitarian technologies by giving them an opportunity for participation.
- Increasing awareness of IEEE members and engineers of the potential of their work to improve the standard of living of underserved populations, and encouraging them to increase efforts in this direction.
- To engage with NGOs, Civil Society Organizations, UN Organizations, Corporates, and other similar bodies to synergize efforts in delivering useful and sustainable technologies in their operations.
- To work with other bodies in the global engineering community who have similar goals and help each other in delivering to the ideals and participate in joint activities like
Prerequisites to form a SIGHT Group in Student Branch
- Six or more IEEE members in good standing and passionate in humanitarian technology activities centered on one or more above interest areas. Members must be affiliated to Section or Student branch.
- The prospective SIGHT will need to have an affiliation to a section or student branch only. The prospective SIGHT will need to submit an application requesting formation of a SIGHT.
If you are interested in forming a SIGHT group, you may apply by completing the petition (PDF, 267 KB) and submitting the application materials to the SIGHT Steering Committee for review via:
CHANAKYA KUMAR (e-mail preferred method)
CHAIR SIGHT, IEEE BOMBAY SECTION
SIGHT RESOURCES :