|Designation||Name||Contact Number||Email Address|
|Chair||Bhushan Jagannath Chavanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice Chair||Manthan Shah & Aarushi Gautam||8200209391 & email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Total Student Members||24||Total WIE Members|
|Website||http://www.nmims.edu/shirpur/||Updated on||August 24, 2019|
About College :
Founded in 2007, the Shirpur Campus of NMIMS has wholly materialized the university’s vision—to be a vibrant and innovative centre of education, research, executive training and consultancy in management, technology, pharma, sciences and other emerging areas of higher education. Its mission is singular—to nurture today’s youth to develop into socially responsive managers, technocrats, entrepreneurs and professionals.
An enthusiastic, highly competent group of 100-strong faculty and over 200 dedicated staff functioning in an ultra-modern residential campus now impart quality education and training to its entrants. All students enjoy state of art infrastructure and a learning environment that engages innovative pedagogies, rich interactions and global networking. MPSTME extends all these capabilities at Shirpur.
Shirpur campus is equipped with world-class classrooms, lounges, laboratories, hostels and playgrounds, and a large library with access to repositories of knowledge across the world. The newest additions are a CNC-equipped workshop, electronics creative labs, numerous SW capabilities and tools, high speed Internet and Wi-Fi, and a BOSCH-Rexroth Automation and Mechatronics Centre of Excellence.
MPSTME’s engineering curriculum covers engineering, technology and management courses and it integrates different disciplines to provide the students a holistic appreciation of the role technology plays today in a modern economy. Extracurricular exposure is rich and regularly includes social events, sports meets, inter-collegiate contests, industry visits, internships and soft skills and language lab training.
Located in Dhulia district, Shirpur is one of the fastest developing townships in north Maharashtra adjoining Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat—well connected by road, rail and air to Mumbai, Indore, Nashik and Vadodara. Within hours’ drive of Ellora Caves and Shirdi, Shirpur has been noted nationally for its major triumphs in rainwater harvesting and its strides in rural development in the cotton belt of yester year’s Khandesh. This population or this region experience social-economics upliftment the efforts of Hon. Shri. Amrish Patel, Chancellor NMIMS. This self-contained campus is administered by a Director and two Associate Deans, functioning in complete synch with SVKM’s NMIMS Deemed to be University, Mumbai.
IEEE Student Branch Activities
• IMMACULATE WORKSHOP: Immaculate workshop is conducted every year in order to train the students on high impact presentation skills. The workshop involves various activities and lectures that help students inculcate effective presentation skills. The workshop has emerged out to be one of IEEE NMIMS Shirpur’s flagship events, helping several students in delivering power packed presentations.
As a part of diversification of avenues touched upon under the workshop, Immaculate diversified in 2014 to sessions that catered to interview skills. The workshop proved extremely handy to final year student’s facing the brunt of interviews.
• 1.9.19: One nine nineteen has been the oldest and the most popular event under IEEE NMIMS Shirpur. The event is a review technical paper presentation competition which allows students to deliver review presentations from engineering as well as management streams. The students are judged by a panel of esteemed judges from the respective fields which helps them gain greater knowledge about the tips and tricks of a convincing presentation. The event is conducted either on the first, ninth or nineteenth of every month and gains huge participation.
• ROBONIX WORKSHOP: Our chapter conducts the Robonix workshop, a workshop catering to designing of manual and autonomous robots. The two day workshop involves theory sessions along with assembling manual and autonomous robots. The workshop helps the students acquire the basic knowledge of Robotics .
• Cyber Security Workshops by Mr Ankit Fadia and Mr Reizwan Sheikh : IEEE has always believed in keeping its students up to date with the current trends in the world of information technology. With internet going on to become a common service being used by students, security is a major cause of concern. We conducted two workshops on Cyber Security undertaken by two internationally renowned aces of the Cyber world Mr Ankit Fadia and Mr Reizwan Sheikh respectively. The workshops helped the students learn the importance of cyber security and the numerous ways it is being violated in daily life.
• M.A.D TALKS: IEEE this year included M.A.D Talks in its event line up. The event encourages the students to think of an innovation of their own and present it in front of a panel in three different rounds. It allows the students to think out of the box and present a completely new dimension of possible innovations to the audience.
• NetSim WORKSHOP: A workshop on NetSim was conducted so that the students remain updated with this new network simulation software gaining popularity for protocol modeling and simulation, network R & D and defense applications. It allows the students to analyze computer networks with unmatched depth, power and flexibility.
• BLOOD DONATION CAMPS: IEEE has always strived towards the trying to make the world a better place to live in be it by encouraging innovation or helping the society. IEEE NMIMS Shirpur organizes two blood donation camps every year encouraging the students to contribute towards this noble cause. These bold donation camps have been conducted with the help of continuous support extended by Shri Mukesh bHai Patel Blood Bank , Shirpur and Nav Jeewan Blood Bank , Dhule.
• WOMEN’S DAY: Women were and will always remain a key part of our social ecosystem. We are thus committed to recognize the importance of women in all spheres of life be it as a homemaker or an engineering student. In an effort to celebrate the strength of women IEEE celebrates Women’s Day with all its student members along with the involvement of several women guest speakers who have contributed significantly in their respective fields. These guest speakers gave presentations and speeches in order to guide the girl students regarding the possible avenues that engineering opens for them.
• IEEE Day: IEEE Day was celebrated with all the student members marking the presence of the organization in our campus. The students gave several presentations highlighting the year so far and celebrating the spirit of innovation that IEEE has been inculcating across the globe.
• IEEE ANNUAL SYMPOSIUM: The annual symposium is conducted at the end of every academic year. The symposium involves the felicitation of all the winners of various competitions conducted that year along with other student and faculty achievers as well as the announcement of the new set of leaders of the organization.