- December 8, 2012 – Dr. Madhukar Pitke was presented with plaque in honor of his scholarly work documenting pioneering contributions of Sir C.V. Raman to Electronic and Physical Science By National Electronics Museum, Linthicum, Maryland, USA
- Jan 2012 – Dr F C Kohli, pioneer of IEEE in India was felicitated by Bombay Section at the AGM by handing a plaque on his getting the “IEEE Foundation Medal”. He is the first person outside US to achieve this feat.
- Jan 2012 – Dr R K Shevgaonkar was felicitated by Bombay Section at the AGM on him elevated as a Fellow of IEEE.
- July 9, 2009
Members can now download four e-books free and also see the archived webinars out at:
- May-2009: IEEE PES/IAS chapter of Bombay has recieved High Performance Chapter Award of PES. Congratulations to Dr Doke and his team. They had also received similar Award in 2006.
- IEEE Regional Activities Board honors Dr. Dattatray Doke as a 2007 recipient of the RAB Leadership Award
- April 2009: IEEE Bombay Section gets recognition as 2007 R10 Distinguished Large Section
- IEEE Student Branch of Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon wins the
‘Outstanding Student Branch of IEEE Region 10 Award Year 2006’ “Group Photo – From L to R- Sonal Jadhao, Shradha Drolia, Jaya Dutta, Sneha Patil, Anuja Jain & Nitin Kushwaha “
- Prof S C Sahasrabuddhe has been conferred “IEEE fellowship”
Citation: for academic leadership in creating and managing an electrical engineering education system
- On 18 June 2005, the IEEE Regional Activities Board (RAB) recognized the IEEE Bombay Section as a recipient of the 2004 RAB Section Sustained Membership Growth Award for their continued success for attracting and retaining Outstanding Leadership and their results in IEEE Membership Development Activities for the period of 2002 to 2004 in Region 10.
- Bombay Section is the winner of the 2002 R10 Outstanding Section Award
- Membership Statistics – April 2003
- November 2002.. “Bombay Section now No. 1 in Membership strength in Region 10.
Bombay 7330, Tokyo 7161, Madras 4935, Singapore 3280, Hongkong 3028, Bangalore 2927
Bombay with 5436 Student Members is World #1 in Student Strength
Bombay enrolled 1481 Students in October 2002. This is +50% of worldwide admissions of 2886.
Bombay had a growth of 87% in last 12 months , India 25% , R10 11% , World 3.3%
- Region 10 Outstanding Volunteer Award for the year 2001 goes to HK ...Click here for details…
- November 2001.. “IEEE AP/ED Bombay Chapter has been awarded the2001 Chapter of the Year Award by the IEEE Electron Devices Society, out of a total of 103 chapters world-wide. Congratulations to the IEEE AP/ED Bombay Chapter office-bearers for 2001 For details…Click here
- “Team from IIT Bombay with Prof. U.B. Desai as Mentor won the Microsoft Innovation Award of the IEEE Computer Society’s International Design Competition 2001 For details…Click here
- “IEEE President Dr Bruce Eisenstein to visit Mumbai to attend ACE 2000. Valedictory Address at 1730 hrs on 17th Dec 2000″
- ” PICT Pune is now the world’s largest student branch ever with 857 student members
- “IEEE Region 10’s 1998 Distinguish Section Award” winner is Bombay Section in recognition of the extremely well done job in the membership development in 1998.
Bombay Section is the one to receive the First “Distinguish Section Award” instituted by Region 10.
- Analyst informs that the Bombay Section Home-page has the maximum hits amongst the Section websites in India…Click here to see the details
- Bombay Section is now SECOND Largest Section in Region 10 with 5932 members out of which 3446 are students in 26 branches as of April 2000.
10 years back Bombay section had a strength of 976, of which 470 were students in 10 Student branches.
Bombay section accounted for 15.4% of the IEEE Worldwide membership growth of 44.4% in the 12 months previous to May 2000.
Region 10 is the Second Largest Region.
- IEEE Millenium Medals Announced..Click here to see list of awardees
- Feb 2000 issue of IEEE Institute gives a report of Tab Colloquia visit in Mumbai
- Congratulations to TSEC Student Branch for becoming the World’s largest student branch with 694 members as of 31st Dec 1999.
- Prof K Shankar (Vice Chair) passes away on 2nd Feb 2000 at Mumbai
- Bombay Section is THIRD Largest Section in Region 10 with 3999 members as of 31st Dec 1999
- Hearty Congratulations to Prof U B Desai of IIT Bombay for being selected by IEEE HQ to serve as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- Bombay Section receives Award …Click here for details….