RULES AND REGULATION
IEEE MUMBAI SECTION WELFARE ASSOCIATION
- DEFINITION : The definition on the words in this Rules and Regulations to the context and the Meaning there for shall be as under:-
- The ‘Association’ shall mean IEEE MUMBAI SECTION WELFARE ASSOCIATION.
- Executive Committee (Execom) shall mean and include the office bearers of the Execom elected by the members of the Association in the general body meeting, as per Rules and Regulation.
- AREA OF OPERATION : Area of operation of association is all over India.
- ACCOUNTING YEAR OF THE ASSOCIATION : The financial year of the association shall be the 1st April, to 31st March, every year.
- MEMBERSHIP : A person (male or female) who is a member in good standing of the IEEE, Inc, USA and is ordinarily resident in the area of jurisdiction of the Association is a member of the Association. The Execom shall have absolute power to admit / reject any person as member.
- RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS: All members in good standing are entitled to attend all the meetings of the Association open to the public and/or open to members. All such members shall have a right to attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting of the Association, to exercise their vote, and to seek nomination to the Execom and to contest elections for Execom.
- All members have also a right
- to obtain a copy of these bye-laws and
- to inspect free of cost books, registers, minutes and documents etc. provided a prior notice in writing is given and
- get copies of the documents on payment of copying charges and fees, if any, that may be laid down and communicated to the member by the Secretary in writing
- CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP: One shall cease to be a member of the Association if s/he discontinues membership of the IEEE or is disqualified or removed from membership of the IEEE parent body. S/He shall also cease to be a member on account of acting in a manner detrimental to the interests of IEEE as decided by the Executive Committee and ratified by -the general body.EXPLANATION: The decisions of the Execom as to whether a member has ceased to be a member of the association or not under aforesaid rule and their sub-clause shall be final and conclusive.
- SUSPENSION AND EXPULSION: A member may be expelled or suspended by the Execom for doing and act or pursuing any conduct that is either in contravention of the rules and regulations or any bye-laws of the association or is detrimental in any way to the interest or is in any way likely to endanger the harmony or affect the character, stability, honor or prestige of the association, PROVIDED, however, a reasonable opportunity shall be afforded to the member concerned to be heard before taking any action of expulsion.
- POWER AND DUTIES OF GENERAL BODY : The general body is the supreme authority governing the Association, its decisions overriding that of any of the Execom, and subject only to the laws of the land, statutes in its area of jurisdiction, the rules made there under, the bye-laws of IEEE and regional and other entities as defined in the IEEE bye-laws.
An Annual General Body Meeting shall be held once in a year and transact the following:-
The powers of the general body include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To approve and adopt the annual reports of the Association
- To review the reports in light of the objects of the Association
- To approve the budget for the following financial year
- To consider any amendment brought by any special resolution for which due notice has been given in accordance with bye-laws.
- To consider and approve the audited accounts and the auditor’s report
- To consider the report of the Internal Audit Committee
- To appoint or re-appoint an auditor for the following year
- To elect members of the Executive Committee for the year
- To appoint Statutory Auditors and fix their remuneration.
- To recall a member or members of the Executive Committee
- To consider any other resolution for which due notice has been given and to issue directions to the Executive Committee, if any
- NOTICE AND QUORUM OF GENERAL BODY MEETING : The General Body Meeting shall be convened with 21 days notice to the members in advance. A notice put up on the notice board of the association showing the Agenda shall amount to notice to the members. The Secretary shall issue notice showing agenda, venue and time of the meeting to all members in advance. Quorum of the meeting shall be 2/3rd of membership of the association as on date of meeting. If there is no required quorum at the time of meeting, meeting shall stand adjourned for half an hour and the adjourned meeting shall be held at the same venue after half an hour with the same agenda with the quorum then available and the decision taken in the meeting will be final.
- SPECIAL GENERAL BODY MEETING : The Execom of the association, on receipt of a requisition in writing from not less than 1/3 of the members on the register shall convey a Special General Body Meeting. The Special General Body Meeting shall be called by giving a minimum of 7 (Seven) days notice of transact any Specific business including approval of any Special Resolution for which the Special General Body Meeting was convened.
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EXECOM): The administration of the association shall rest in a body called EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EXECOM), which shall consist of minimum 7 (Seven) and maximum 21 (Twenty One) members who are elected in the General Body Meeting by majority at the present members. The General Body shall elect the Execom consisting of:
|IMM. PAST CHAIR
||2 to 16
||7 to 21
- THE TERM OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EXECOM): The term of the Executive Committee (Execom) shall be for 1 (One) year. The Execom shall be elected in every year in the General Body Meeting by secret ballot papers.
- The Office of the member of the Execom shall IPSOFACTO be vacated :-
- if the member resigns or is removed from the office or ceased to be a member of the association
- if the member commits any offence involving moral turpitude
- DUTIES OF THE OFFICE BEARERS :
- Chairman :- Powers and Responsibilities:
- The Chairman shall preside over all the Execom Meetings, General Body Meetings and Special General Body Meeting.
- S/He shall be the Chief Executive of the association.
- S/He shall to the overall supervision of the association.
- S/He shall be Ex. Office members of all sub-committees as and when appointed.
- S/He shall appoint Election Officer, to conduct election to the Execom in the General Body. He shall also appoint observers or inspectors for the successful implementation of the projects/programmes to further the objectives of the association on the advice of the Execom
- The Chair may call a meeting in case of the Secretary’s default to call a meeting of the Execom or of general body.
- Any decision of the general meeting shall be taken by a majority of votes and in case of equality of votes; the Chairman of the meeting shall have a casting of second vote.
- The ruling of Chairman of the meeting on any point of order shall be final and binding. The Chairman of the meeting shall have the power to adjourn, any meeting from time to time and from place.
- VICE CHAIRMAN:- The Vice Chairman shall share the duties of the Chairman in the working of the General course of works and shall be working in close co-ordination with him. He will preside the meeting in absence of the Chairman.
- SECRETARY :- Powers and Responsibilities:
- S/He shall have superintendence of the day-to-day administration and activities of the association and implementation of its policies and programs.
- S/He shall be in charge of the administration of the association.
- S/He shall prepare the Agenda; fix venue, time and date for Execom and General Body Meeting and Special General Body Meeting in consultation with the Chairman. He shall call record and maintain minutes of such meeting.
- S/He shall prepare and submit meeting reports to IEEE Headquarters.
- Perform any other duties that are entrusted to him by the Execom.
- Maintain records of movable and immovable properties, Membership register and any other registers / records as may be required by the association from time to time.
- TREASURER : Powers and Responsibilities:
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for the day to day maintenance of accounts, monitoring of funds and other transaction.
- S/He shall make financial policies and get approved from Execom/General Body as the case may be.
- S/He shall liaise with the auditors to ensure compliance with the law and regulations.
- S/He shall prepare, submit and seek approval of the budget in the Annual General Body Meeting for the ensuing financial year.
- S/He shall be responsible for preparation of annual accounts, the income and expenditure and the Statement of Affairs in consultation with Chairman and Secretary.
- S/He shall be responsible for issue of receipts in respect of all income, donation, revenues and other receipts and for incurring any expenditure and preparation of vouchers on behalf of the association.
- S/He is authorized to keep not more than a maximum amount of Rs.5000/- (Rs. Five Thousand only) in cash in his custody in the office under his control at any time over and above the imprest given to official of the association.
- S/He shall place monthly accounts before the Execom for approval.
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EXECOM) MEMBER: Powers and Responsibilities:
- S/He shall attend all the Committee Meetings and shall actively participate in deliberations as agenda.
- S/He shall assist, advise, suggest, guide and co-operate with other members of the committee for proper discharge of their duties jointly and severally.
- It shall be his duty to work in the interest of the association and to achieve the aims and objects of the association.
- S/He shall be bound to offer any service to the betterment and uplift of the association.
- Any member not attending three successive scheduled meetings of the Execom without due cause and written intimation shall be deemed to have resigned.
- MEETING OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EXECOM):
- The Execom shall meet at least 10 times in a year.
- The Execom shall meet at the request of more than 2/3rd members of the Execom to transact any special agenda brought in the interest of the association.
- NOTICE OF MEETING : The Execom Meeting shall be convened after 7 (seven) days notice to all committee members excepts in the case of emergency meeting which shall be convened after giving 3 days notice. Quorum of the meeting shall be 2/3rd members of the Execom.
- MINUTES TO BE KEPT : The Secretary shall have to maintain Minute Book which shall contain:
- A clear report of proceeding of the meeting.
- Copy of each notice convening the meeting of Execom and General Body Meeting and of each circular in which the decision has been arrived at by the Execom.
- Mark of presence of members present and record leave of absence
- Minutes shall be circulated within 7 days after the date of the meeting
- Minutes shall be read over in the next meeting as the case is and when confirmed shall be signed by the Chairman of such meeting. In case of difference of opinion at the time of confirmation of proceeding of the previous meeting, the minutes shall be confirmed according to the sense of majority of the present members.
- CO-OPTION : In event of any vacancy arising out of death, retirement, resignation, and removal or otherwise from amongst the members of the Execom, the Execom may co-opt any members from amongst the membership of the association.Such co-opted member shall be an Execom member for such time or hold office so long as the vacating member would have remained in office or would have been an Execom member.
- POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EXECOM):
- To carry out the management for the moveable and immovable property and cash of the association, recover claims and adequately insure them against all risks.
- To invest funds of the association upon such securities or in bank deposits as it may think fit and from time to time.
- To make or amend rules from time to time as regards and get them duly approved by General Body Meeting.
- Delegation of any of the powers of the Execom to any office bearers of committee/sub-committee.
- Amend, modify or make the rules for election of the Execom, Gen. body’s right and get them duly approved by general body meeting.
- To raise loan.
- To reject or accept an application for membership.
- To appoint any Adhoc Committees (consisting wholly or partly of member of their own body and / or others) as they think fit and may delegate any of there powers & period to them.
- To acquire land and building from Govt. Or Semi-Government authorities, through the private bodies or association and get it duly approval by the general body meeting.
- To sell, lease, mortgage, exchange, dispose of or otherwise deal with all or any of the moveable or immovable property and get it duly approved by the general body meeting.
- To appoint fixed duration committees, boards, sub-committees for conducting events, generating funds, creating infrastructure, membership drive, etc.
- To bid for International and National events of IEEE or conduct International and National events, co-sponsor International and National events being conducted by IEEE Societies and other Societies.
- To solicit sponsorship and donations from Government, Industry, other professional organizations and Individuals.
- To recommend appointment of an auditor to the general body and get it ratified at the AGM.
- To facilitate the establishment of Chapters, Student Branches and Society Chapters, and to provide administrative and financial support to them.
- To support the creation of Sub-Sections, and nurture its growth and development
- To recommend closing of any Sub-Section if not found to be reporting and functioning as per IEEE norms and expectations.
- To undertake activities jointly with other professional bodies who have similar interest to promote objectives and for purposes of the Association.
- To institute awards and other prizes for specific technical activities and achievements.
- To do all such acts, incidental and conducive to the attainment of the powers laid down here in above and also conducive to the objects specified in the Memorandum of Association.
- The committee may delegate any of its powers to a subcommittee as they may think fit, and they may, from time to time, revoke and discharge any such sub-committee, either wholly or in part and either as to persons or purposes.
- The committee may, if it thinks fit, accept, reject or modify any report, finding, and/or recommendation of the sub-committee.
- A resolution passed by a majority of the members of the Committee without any meeting of the Committee and evidenced under the signatures of all members of the Committee present, a circular resolution, shall be as valid and effective as a resolution passed at a meeting of the Committee duly called and held, only after the said resolution is duly ratified and minuted.
- FINANCIAL AFFAIRS : Preliminary funds for the day to day activities shall come from:
- Rebate from IEEE.
- Donations, Grants, Gifts
- Organizing technical, cultural and entertainment programs as approved in the General Body or Execom meeting from time to time.
- Any other sources as approved by the General Body from time to time.
- All income will be utilized only on the objects of the organization.
- A formal agreement shall be in place for co-sponsored activities for which substantial Association funds are budgeted.
- Funds on co-sponsored activities shall only be partly disbursed after receipt of a detailed program proposal and a budget and the bulk after completion of the program and receipt of a comprehensive report and supporting data (copies of proceedings, income and expenditure account, etc.).
- UTILISATION OF FUNDS: The funds of the association shall be use fully for the fulfillment of the objects of the association as specified in the Memorandum of association.
- MAINTANENCE OF BANK ACCOUNTS :
- In order to arrange financial transactions, the association shall open and operate a Saving Bank / Current Account with any nationalized/ Scheduled / Co-operative bank convenient and in the interest of the association.
- The accounts so opened will be operated jointly by Chairman, Secretary and Hon. Treasurer or any two of them.
- Any change in the joint signatories shall be intimated to the concerned bank(s) and all necessary documents to these effects should be executed well in time in order to avoid any hindrance in the smooth functioning of the operation of such accounts(s).
- No cheques shall be prepared and handed over unless all documentation in connection therewith is in place.
- PROVISIONS REGARDING LOANS AND DEPOSITS : The Execom can raise the loans and deposit in the interest of the association with the approval of the general body meeting. The relevant provision under section 36 A (3) and 35 of the B.P.T. Act, 1950 shall apply.
- PROVISION REGARDING SALE AND PURCHASE OF IMMOVABLE PROPERTY : The Execom can sell property and also purchase property in the name of the association as per resolutions passed in the General Body from time to time. The relevant provisions under section 36 (1) (A) & 36 (1) B of the B.P.T. Act, 1950 shall apply.
- REGISTER OF MEMBERS : Association shall keep necessary registers including register for membership as per Societies Registration Act, 1860 & B.P.T. Act, 1950.
- AMENDMENT OF RULES AND REGULATION : Amendment to any of the rules shall be carried out in the interest of the association in the Annual General Body Meeting after giving due notice of the proposed amendment. Amendments shall be carried out with 2/3rd majority of the members present in the Annual General Body Meetings and after adopting necessary resolution in this respect. All amendments shall be intimated to the Charity Commissioner.
- CHANGE IN THE NAME AND OBJECTS : Any change in name and objects of the association shall be carried out with 2/3rd majority of members present and with the approval of General Body. Any changes in the Name and Objects shall be made as per Section 12 & 12 A of Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- OFFICIAL LANGAUAGE : The official language of the association shall be English, Hindi or Marathi.
- DISSOLUTION : If any circumstances arises and when it shall be found necessary to close down the association, then in such circumstances, the properties of the association shall be handed over to any other Association, Institution, Mandal, association etc. working for the similar objects as of this association by passing resolution by 3/5 majority of the members of the association in pursuance of the provision of section 13 and 14 of the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Old Bye-Laws 2018
Old Bye-Laws 2016